Today I’m facing the following issue when I access my CRM platform :
Internet explorer complains about the fact that only secure content is displayed. Which means that some http is going through while my CRM platform is configured to use https. You’ll notive as well that the get started section is not displayed correctly.
You get exactly the same thing in the outlook plugin with a similar message that asks you if you want to display only the content that was delivered securely over https :
If have read a few articles that were talking about configuring IE to ask to mix secured and unsecured content. I did not like it, and wanted to understand why this content was not delivered through a secured channel.
I figured out that is comes from a configuration in the Dynamics CRM database that is not set correctly. After you have adjusted it, it will work smoothly. Here is the procedure to fix it :
Step 1: Open a SQL Server Management Studio on the CRM database server and open the MSCRM_CONFIG database. And perform the following query :
You’ll get something like that :
As you can see, the HelpServerUrl is indicating HTTP (and in my case even a wrong url because it points to a specific web front end instead of the load balancer url…).
Step 2 : Edit the value the you found in the HelpServerUrl to what you need. Especially HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Step 3 : Reboot your farm. CRM dynamics might cache those kind of values… so a reboot might be necessary (it was not the case for me though).
Done ! You’ll see a full page nicely displayed without any error or warning